View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:30 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I went to see another OS, he looked in my mouth and said my gums look good, like they're healing, and the xray he took didn't seem to concern him.

He recommended an ENT, who looked in my sinuses and identified an infection.

He gave me two weeks of Cipro and scheduled a follow up directly after to ascertain the necessity for further treatment.

As it stands now i don't believe the Cipro is working, but i will be finishing the treatment.

I'll let you know what comes of the follow up. I'm wondering if i'm having some sort of negative reaction to the grafting material?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanna View Post
JenLRhodes,

Unfortunately, the repetition of antibiotics is commonly and thoughtlessly done but it is not without consequences. Each time you take an antibiotic you upset the balance of your intestinal flora pre disposing you to future inflammatory and bacterial problems. Especially if you already have gut issues or other health problems. So antibiotics should only be given if they are warranted, not just for the sake of giving them.

If the healing were going well, you would not continue to have the same symptoms nor would you be getting additional symptoms. If you feel that this OS is not as concerned as you are about the symptoms and you feel his arrogance takes presidency over his obligation to take care of you, then please consult with another oral surgeon. Someone who is unaffiliated with this one. You would need your pre op and any post op xrays and a copy of the surgical report for that new consultation. It is best to not speak ill of the previous OS to the new office as you do not want to put the them on the defensive or make them leery of taking you on as a patient.

You may also need to consult with an ENT but at this stage the ENT will have limited options of treatment. You need to be evaluated by an OS first.

I hope this info is helpful. Please keep us posted.
Bryanna
JenLRhodes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote