View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 04:45 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Even NFL players have a very low incidence of developing CTE. And, they take lots of hits.

Your problem is your OCD. You continue to feed it. If you had never heard of CTE, would you be concerned ?

At 21, the most dangerous thing you can do is drive a vehicle. You already survived your teens driving a vehicle. CTE does not even reach a statistical event level, it is so rare.

Imagine a news report : "The man, worried about whether he would develop CTE in his old age, was distracted as he crossed the street and got hit by a Mack truck and died at only 22 years old."

Find some worthwhile and positive concepts to think about and enjoy your life.
Thank you, Mark.

Do you mean that CTE does not even reach a statistical event level later on in my life? Or, do you mean that CTE does not reach a statistical event level for me at this point in my life?

I also just remembered that, as a kid, I fell off of my bed a few times while sleeping. I might've hit my head during a few of these incidents. I strongly believe that I didn't lose consciousness during any of these incidents. Given these incidents (the times when I fell off of my bed as a kid), am I at risk for developing CTE later on in life (please also remember the incidents I mentioned in my earlier post)?

Thank you so much, Mark.
JC1875 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote