Thread: Sjorgens
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

I'm sorry that you're under such stress and in such a bad situation. This thread might be useful: http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread229739.html. My serum came back negative too, but I do have devere dry mouth and watery and itchy eyes. If you can, you can always try another neuro or someone else, who will do it. Negative blood tests don't always mean no Sjogren's, but that along with no dry mouth and dry eyes, etc. may mean it's not Sjogren's, since body wide SFN can be a host of other things. Mine is also body wide and Sjogren's is one possibility, but even with dry mouth and eye problems, Celiac and other possibilities are being looked into as well. I hope this helps a little and best of luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoannaP79 View Post
Excuse all the posts, I'm very desperate today.
One of the extensive list of symptoms I have is a regular flare up in my lips. They go red, a bit swollen looking, burn like hell fire and feel prickly and flaky. Does this in any way point to a Sjogrens diagnosis? My rheum won't entertain it as my bloods came back negative for it and I have no dry eyes or mouth, just full body sfn. He won't do a lip biopsy even though I begged. He said it would be unethical with no other indicators. I kind of see his point but i have read SFN can precede all other sicca symptoms. I already have one autoimmune which affects the spine, I'm sure the DRG are being attacked. Am I right in thinking the DRG are throughout the spinal column?_
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote