View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 10:35 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by St George 2013 View Post
Hello everyone

I did the SCS trial and it's not for me.

We discussed other options and have decided to switch me from BuTrans pain patch 20 mcg/hr to extended release Morphine.

He's titrating me down from BuTrans 20 to 10 mcg/hr. I will start my first 10 patch tomorrow and will change them weekly until I see him again on Feb 8th. At that time he will take me off the BuTrans 10 and put me on ER Morphine.

Along with the BuTrans I take oxycodone 10-325 up to 3 a day and I usually have to use 3 now. I will also be able to take the oxycodone with the Morphine.

Since the only other pain med I have tried is hydrocodone I/we think it's time I tried something else. I believe I've read of a few others on here that take the combo of ER Morphine and oxycodone and it has helped them quite a bit.

I have never reached my initial goal of being able to cook, clean my house and grocery shop. This May it will 3 years since this ugly SFN monster raised his head and changed my life forever. I know I have to keep pushing to try and find something that works for my pain.

My Bubba had been gone 4 1/2 months now and I know he would want me to fight this with all I have. It was so much easier fighting when I had him by my side.

I was finally able to clear out a corner of the bedroom where he had spent his last month. I'd just thrown things in that corner for over 3 weeks in August. I shed a lot of tears while sorting it all out but I did it. It was just a small thing but he would be proud that I was able to do it.

I just wanted to share with y'all my next step in my SFN journey. Wish me luck and I'll let you know how it goes for me.

Take care everyone

Debi from Georgia
Hi Debi,

I truly hope the medicine changes work for you and so sorry to hear of your loss.

Please keep us informed about your progress...I'm praying you will meet your goals.

All the best to you,

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (01-13-2016)