View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 11:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thank you en bloc :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Debi,

I have tried various medications over the 19 years of my PN/SFN and joint pain from Sjogren's. I can tell you that the Fentanyl patch is stronger the BuTrans patch (they are different class/schedule) and you may find it is more helpful. The pharmacist (that is a part of the my pain mgmt clinic) told me that Fentanyl works better on nerve pain than oral oxy & morphine meds...and he was correct. Just thought I would share this, in case you are still considering options. Patches are so much easier to use and you don't have the daily peaks/valleys of pill mgmt (which still come with ER meds).

I wish you luck and hope you get relief soon.
Thanks for the info. I did not know it worked well for SFN. Good to know.

I'm being a little selfish in not switching to another patch. I am having an above ground pool put in this spring because it helps me so much with the SFN. That's about the only exercise I can handle. I use a donut float and am able to exercise my legs and arms without touching the bottom (which would kill my feet). Because we will be using the pool everyday I'm afraid to use another patch right now. It also does not need to be exposed to the sun. I use the clear covers over my BuTrans patch but it still feels wet under the patch when I take it off. Not sure if it's water or sweat so I've always wondered if I was getting the full effect of the patch.

Does that make any sense ?

I know Bubba would be thrilled that I was putting this pool in for myself but I still feel a little guilty about it.

Debi
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
en bloc (01-14-2016), indigo (01-14-2016), Susanne C. (01-15-2016)