View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 05:59 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by canifindagooddr View Post
I was found disabled by the SSA on Feb. 28, 2015. They paid two months of back-pay and have been depositing money into my account once a month.

I have the impression that I am suppose to know exactly what the condition was that disabled me. I was denied at first. I had my shrink and my GP send in a letter. Both were about the physical nature of the chronic condition of small fiber neuropathy (which was proven via a skin biopsy). Both letters mentioned my limitations due to SFN and the side effects of the meds used to treat it (mental fog). A month letter I was approved at the most least likely stage to get approved - the reconsideration stage.

At first we threw everything at them. Bi-polar and SFN. Again, I was under the impression that their award letter would clearly state what my disabling condition is -- but the letter does not.

I'll be 52 years old this May. From my benefits letter: "Doctors and other trained staff decided that you are disabled under our rules. But, this decision must be reviewed at least once every three years. We will send you a letter before we start the review."

Shouldn't I know what condition they considered to be disabling? I feel like I am missing an important piece of the puzzle.

Finally, on the benefits letter - under my 'Claim Number' -- which is my SS # . .. at the end of my SS# they have the letters 'HA'. Pretend my last four numbers are shown here: XXX-XX-6719HA

Does anyone know what the HA means?

Here I just got it -- and I am already 'worrying' about my 'upcoming' review.

Thanks in advance.
Hi - I found your post b/c I was wondering the very same thing. My approval letter also did not state exactly what condition they approved me for - the primary condition I applied for, or does the approval encompass all the contributing and subsequent conditions?
Do they only approve on basis of the primary condition, or take into account all medical issues?
I didn't think it mattered until I read somewhere that the responses on your CDR form should be short, to the point, and only apply to the condition they deemed to be disabling.
But how do you do that correctly if you don't know if they only want to hear about the one, or all of them?
And I had to laugh in sympathy when you said you were already worried about the review even though you were just approved, and were worried you'd be flagged if you called the customer service line - I am a big time major worrier also, and always feel that I'm going to do the wrong thing with disastrous results, lol.
Sorry I couldn't be helpful with a knowledgeable reply, just wanted you to know I have the same questions and fears (even if they aren't warranted).
wma114 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote