View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 09:08 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball1 View Post
Doc put me on Neurontin, and I have been on it for 6 months using 1800 mg a day but at 4 in the afternoon I get terrible flare ups at work, until I get home and take off my shoes. Sometimes it doesnt even work at all I am getting some side effects in that I am forgetting things.

I was thinking of calling him and asking his method of going off it but am afraid the pain might come back worse. I ACTUALLY DONT REMEMBER THE PAIN TO BE THIS BAD BEFORE I STARTED THE MEDICATION,

Also I have been on this board before I still drink every night and have tried to stop , well I have 14 days that I have quit.

I am so confused I dont know what to do now
I would be great full for any comments to help
My experience with Neurontin is that is sort of reduces pain and is best for helping to sleep. Clinical studies point to about 30% effectiveness for neuropathy pain sufferers. It can make pain worse as well, although that is not common. It doesn't eliminate pain for anyone at all, if you are lucky you will get a reduction.

Cymbalta is a pretty scary drug and has a ton of side effects. I don't know of a ton of people who have had great success with it. I personally wanted to kill myself when i was on it and my stomach felt like someone threw gasoline and a match on it when i took it.

For me, certain supplements in high doses have had a better effect. They take a few months to really kick in and start working. Everyone is different based upon their circumstances and cause of the pain.

You have to look at diet as well. Sugars, wheat, impure, processed foods, artificial flavorings and colors...and yes alcohol will only exacerbate a condition like this. In many ways neuropathic pain is the body warning you to make changes.

• R-Lipoic Acid: 100mg - 300mg Daily
• Acetyl-L Carnitine: 1500mg Daily
• Vitamin B12: 1000 mcg Daily
• Magnesium 500mg Daily
• Grape Seed Extract 200mg Daily
• Benfotiamine 300mg daily

Patrick Winter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote