View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 11:14 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Angels,
I am going to re post some of your thread and reply in bold type.

<<Yes, i am taking a probiotic called probulin. Supposedly, it is the best out there.>>

PROBULIN BRAND IS OKAY. IF YOU FEEL IT IS BENEFICIAL TO YOU, THEN KEEP TAKING IT.

<< I am amazed with all these antibiotics that my stomach isn't all messed up, so they must be helping. I am also drinking a yakult everyday.>>

I AM SURPRISED ALSO. HOWEVER, IN YOUR CASE DUE TO THE VARIOUS ANTIBIOTICS YOU HAVE BEEN ON AND THE FACT THAT YOU HAVE A VERY VIRULENT LONG STANDING INFECTION, IT IS IMPERATIVE TO STAY ON A PROBIOTIC INDEFINITELY. I WOULD RECOMMEND TO STOP DRINKING THE YAKULT BECAUSE IT IS NOT A HEALTHY FOOD. IT CONTAINS 2.5 TEASPOONS OF CANE SUGAR IN ONE DRINK WHICH KILLS OFF ANY HEALTHY BACTERIA THAT WAS IN THE DRINK TO BEGIN WITH AND THE OTHER INGREDIENTS ARE JUST FILLERS. MOST PROBIOTIC DRINKS ARE NOT HEALTH FOODS AS THEY ARE PROCLAIMED TO BE.

<< I read something written by an ent that you should also take a prebiotic. I will look into that>>

PROBULIN PRODUCTS, SOME, CONTAIN PREBIOTICS ALREADY SO THERE WOULD BE NO NEED TO TAKE ANOTHER ONE.

<< Yes, i am worried about being on levaquin so long, i am on day 16 now and have another 13. He didn't really want to leave me on it that long either but the problem is when i go off, the sinus infection comes back full fledge.>>

HAVE YOU BEEN ON LEVAQUIN FOR THIS INFECTION BEFORE?
IF GOING OFF THIS ANTIBIOTIC THE INFECTION IS STILL ACTIVE, THEN ONE OR TWO THINGS ARE HAPPENING. ONE IT IS NOT THE PROPER ANTIBIOTIC AND/OR TWO THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL SOURCE OF INFECTION THAT IS NOT BEING ADDRESSED.

<<Although, i don't feel it is helping much now. I very much feel like there is an infection in my body and it seems to be getting worse, not better. It feels the same as when the teeth were infected. The left side of my neck is swollen and my left ear is ringing. If i didn't know any better i would still think i had an infected tooth.>>

IS THE SWELLING IN THE NECK TENDER? DOES THE SWELLING CHANGE IN SIZE, MEANING GET LARGER, THEN SMALLER? IS THE SWELLING STILL AS LARGE AT IT ORIGINALLY WAS? THE RINGING IN THE EAR... IS THAT ONGOING SINCE BEFORE THE TOOTH WAS EXTRACTED?
SO MANY THINGS HAPPEN TO THE BODY WHEN THERE IS A LONG TERM INFECTION AS WELL AS DURING THE USAGE OF ANTIBIOTICS, SO IT IS IMPERATIVE TO BE ON THE RIGHT COURSE WHEN TREATING THIS. YOUR DOCTORS NEED TO BE COLLABORATING WITH EACH OTHER. ARE THEY?

<<I am wondering if the infection could be trapped in there by the bone graft?>>

THE GRAFT COULD BE HARBORING BACTERIA THAT WAS NOT PICKED UP BY THE NASAL SWAB.

<< I have a call into my ent right now, because on my mri there was a cyst in my left maxillary sinus caused by my tooth infection. I also read that cysts can form after extractions. Could it be that? He said he thought it was just inflammation from the tooth>>

YOUR ORAL SURGEON AND ENT NEED TO BE COLLABORATING ON THIS INFECTION TOGETHER. IF THE CYST WAS STILL PRESENT AFTER THE EXTRACTION THEN THAT COULD BE AT LEAST ONE AREA THAT IS HARBORING BACTERIA AND MAY NOT HAVE BEEN PICKED UP ON THE NASAL SWAB.

<<THE ENT put me on this levaquin also the tobramycin wash (for pseudomonas) . I am not putting the tonramycin in my mouth, i am adding it to saline solution that i blow in my nose. It is mixed in with the neil med.>>

WHAT IS "NEIL" MED? DOES THE ORAL SURGEON KNOW THAT YOU ARE ON LEVAQUIN AND TOBRAMYCIN? DOES HE KNOW THAT YOU STILL FEEL INFECTION IN YOUR HEAD? IS HE AWARE OF THE CYST FOUND ON THE MRI? EVEN THOUGH YOU ARE DOING A NASAL WASH, THE ANTIBIOTICS ARE STILL GOING DOWN YOUR THROAT. THIS MEANS THAT IN THE LARGE SCHEME OF THINGS, YOUR ORAL TISSUE IS BEING EXPOSED TO THE ANTIBIOTICS.

<< The ent had a plan that if i wasn't better in a month that he would do another ct. The last one i had was over the summer and i didn't have my teeth out yet. He said since i had dental work i would need another one. I am going to move that up to now. I really need to know if there is some kind of infection in there. Would a ct scan show if there is some sort of infection with the bone graft?>>

DID YOU HAVE A CT SCAN OR AN MRI? WAS IT DENTAL OR SINUS?
IT MAY OR MAY NOT BEHOOVE YOU TO HAVE ANOTHER SCAN DONE NOW. THAT REALLY SHOULD BE DECIDED BY BOTH THE ORAL SURGEON AND THE ENT BASED ON THE HISTORY AND CURRENT SYMPTOMS. A 3D DENTAL SCAN CAN BE USED TO DIAGNOSE INFECTIONS RELATED TO ORAL BONE GRAFTS.

<< Also, i will not do the implant until everything is healthy. Is it ok to wait? Can i get it done later?>>

IF THIS WERE ME, I WOULD NEVER PLACE A DENTAL IMPLANT IN THAT AREA DUE TO THE LONGEVITY AND SEVERITY OF THE INFECTION. HOWEVER, YOU NEED TO DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST SUITED FOR YOU.

<< At least it isn't visible, but it is a hassle having to eat only on one side. I just really hope i can get to the bottom of this soon, every day is a struggle!>>

ONCE THIS SITE HEALS WELL ENOUGH TO CHEW ON, YOU MAY NOT REALLY MISS TOOTH #14. OR YOU MAY BE A CANDIDATE FOR A REMOVABLE NESBIT APPLIANCE OR AN ONLAY BRIDGE THAT WOULD ATTACH A FAKE TOOTH TO #S 13 AND 15. YOU SHOULD TALK ABOUT THESE OPTIONS WITH YOUR GENERAL DENTIST.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote