View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 11:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Thumbs up Keep Trying

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball1 View Post
Doc put me on Neurontin, and I have been on it for 6 months using 1800 mg a day but at 4 in the afternoon I get terrible flare ups at work, until I get home and take off my shoes. Sometimes it doesnt even work at all I am getting some side effects in that I am forgetting things.

I was thinking of calling him and asking his method of going off it but am afraid the pain might come back worse. I ACTUALLY DONT REMEMBER THE PAIN TO BE THIS BAD BEFORE I STARTED THE MEDICATION,

Also I have been on this board before I still drink every night and have tried to stop , well I have 14 days that I have quit.

I am so confused I dont know what to do now
I would be great full for any comments to help
I didn't think Gabapentin(Nurontin) worked either until I quit it. Then it semmed as if it was helping after all. I know it is hard as hell but you need to go get help with the Alcohol. If you can do 14 days you can do 14 yrs. Find support that will help you channel your anger despair, whatever emotion that drives people back to drink. You should have beaten the physical withdrawal by 14 days, right? Fighting Neuropathy while drinking is like trying to climb up a very slick wet steep hill. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.
zkrp01 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote