View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 11:28 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
My experience with Neurontin is that is sort of reduces pain and is best for helping to sleep. Clinical studies point to about 30% effectiveness for neuropathy pain sufferers. It can make pain worse as well, although that is not common. It doesn't eliminate pain for anyone at all, if you are lucky you will get a reduction.

Cymbalta is a pretty scary drug and has a ton of side effects. I don't know of a ton of people who have had great success with it. I personally wanted to kill myself when i was on it and my stomach felt like someone threw gasoline and a match on it when i took it.

For me, certain supplements in high doses have had a better effect. They take a few months to really kick in and start working. Everyone is different based upon their circumstances and cause of the pain.

You have to look at diet as well. Sugars, wheat, impure, processed foods, artificial flavorings and colors...and yes alcohol will only exacerbate a condition like this. In many ways neuropathic pain is the body warning you to make changes.

Thank you very much for your help everything you said makes good sense especially"In many ways neuropathic pain is the body warning you to make changes.[/QUOTE]
eyeball1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote