View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 11:52 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

JenLRhodes,

Please read posts from Angels31. She has a similar problem to yours. You are both on the same family of antibiotics called Fluoroquinolones. These antibiotics are not without systemic consequences. Therefore, they should only be prescribed in dental situations unless a bacterial culture has determined that they are the appropriated medication for this particular species of infectious bacteria.

Please see this video and link by Neurologist Dr Perlmutter.
http://www.drperlmutter.com/fluoroqu...al-neuropathy/

The ENT and the oral surgeon need to collaborate on this infection as it could be that the surgical site is still infected.... the graft may be infected... the sinus may have additional infection. They need to work together.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenLRhodes View Post
I went to see another OS, he looked in my mouth and said my gums look good, like they're healing, and the xray he took didn't seem to concern him.

He recommended an ENT, who looked in my sinuses and identified an infection.

He gave me two weeks of Cipro and scheduled a follow up directly after to ascertain the necessity for further treatment.

As it stands now i don't believe the Cipro is working, but i will be finishing the treatment.

I'll let you know what comes of the follow up. I'm wondering if i'm having some sort of negative reaction to the grafting material?

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote