View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 12:15 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

PriME,

Please re read my reply to you from 1/4/16.

Even though you live in Canada, you can go to the doctor of your choice. It may not be within your health coverage but if you are not getting help from your doctor other than repeated prescriptions, you may want to seek different help. You can seek a holistic dentist, but he may not be able to help you with the eye problems. That is most likely correlated to the infection from the tooth but at this stage there may also be an auto immune component which a dentist would not be knowledgeable about. However, a physician who practices functional medicine would be knowledgeable about the auto immune connection.

Here is a link to what Functional Medicine is and if you click on the upper right where it says find a practitioner it will take you to the page to find one.

https://www.functionalmedicine.org/about/whatisfm/

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriME View Post
Hi Bryanna,

Thank you so much for your reply. The thing is, I've had blepharitis for a while (clogged eyelids) but they've never become swollen, nor with such consistency. I haven't used eye makeup nor contacts since Sept - so defintely its nothing exernal.

My left upper eyelid is swollen again (started yesterday) - this is about 2 weeks following the subsiding of swelling in my lower eyelid.

When I touch or put slight pressure in the eyelid, I can feel latent pain through the gum/root of the RC tooth area - the reason I had an RC of that tooth was because my gum there would be constantly hurting and the problem has really not been fixed because the gum still feels numb/tender in that area following the RC. *Edit: Also there is latent pain around the left ear as well. Forgot to add - left nostril is blocked. I usually don't notice this anymore, because my right nostril is free enough that I don't feel like my nose is blocked until I close my right one.

I live in Canada so I actually have no idea what a functional doctor is TBH - we have to go thru our family physician for everything, and he'd probably prescribe me another medication and deny that there could be any connection between my tooth issue and the eyelid.

Do you think it would be worth going to a natural/holistic dentist, and seeing what the cause of it is? If it really is the RC tooth?

I have a physical with my family physician booked 2 weeks from now, just to get bloodwork / other readings. I do think it is an immune issue but I don't feel tired/symptoms anywhere else but the eyelid. No fever either.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote