Thread: Head Trauma
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 09:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

This is the post I have for you on Bernard's site

Quote:
Can't you get a neighbor or friend to run you up to the hospital? Take a cab if you have to.

After my son smashed up our car 2 yrs ago, I made sure I had gotten replacement vehicle on my insurance. The repair shop had the car over 3 weeks and a rental cost me over $1000. We HAVE to have a vehicle. My hubby has several medical treatments he must have weekly and the kids need rides to school, get groceries, my dr appointments, etc. We're both too old and decrepid to walk anymore and besides, it gets to be about 120 degrees here. Too damn hot to even be outside.

I am concerned with the internal noise you hear w/ double vision. A closed head injury is such a real threat and sometime blood seepage in the brain can do all kinds of nasties.

As for the sleeping...set the alarm for every hour. Wake up your son. Look at his eyes. Watch for unequal pupil reaction, vomiting, dizzy, get to the hospital NOW or if you can't wake him... call 911 STAT.

My son fell on his head when he was 3 and had a severe concusion, these are the things we had to watch for and every one happened. We went back to the ER 4 times that night

"If you are going through h e l l, keep going."
(Sir Winston Churchill, 1874-1965)

C'est la vie!

Work like you don't need money, Love like you've never been hurt,
And dance like no one's watching.
Birdbomb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote