View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quick reply because I'm short on time.

There's a few things to look into ....

First, do some more reading on Fermented CLO. There has been some watchdogs who have tested FCLO brands and found some real problems. Someone wrote a pamphlet / book about it. If you look around on the internet you'll find it. Also look up "Hook Line and Stinker: The Truth about FCLO by Kaayla Daniel Phd. Chris Kresser used to suggest FCLO and is now holding back because of these findings (see his site and comments).

Also, be careful with your D and A balance. There have been some studies showing that all those little old ladies who have traumatic childhood stories about how they were forced to take CLO as children back in the 1930s, then ended up with disproportionately more hip fractures in their elderly years.

The relationship between A & D is complex. I am not an expert but I know you need some A for D absorption but too much also impacts D and calcium in bones. Norway has followed up recently with some studies, particularly the impact of CLO on women, because their population has been swallowing gallons of the stuff for ages but they have a disproportionate number of certain types of diseases, perhaps exasperated by their geo location. Again, I am not an expert. Someone can correct me on this but I think it's worth thinking about.

Also, it's interesting in nature, how many of the orange / yellow vegetables with A come out in late fall to help us with our D absorption / storage into winter. We co-evolved with plants and so it's good to see if you can get all this stuff naturally first.

My personal take is some CLO in the thick of winter might be of help but I would stick to other fish oils the rest of the year. I believe a year or so of good quality fish oil is good for PN. I would not take too much over years because I believe it thins your blood and throws your chemical balance off. (Lately neurosurgeons have reported more people checking into emergency wards needing emergency brain surgery due to bleeding on their brain because they have been taking too many fish oil capsules. Normally a small amount of bleeding would have been reabsorbed without the patient ever knowing).

I'd try as much as you possibly can to first to establish methods to get Omegas regularly in good amounts direct from natural food sources that have all the hidden co-factors that help with absorption and then layer artificial methods, such as supplementation on top of that.

I'm also working up to taking hemp oil (as it's called in Europe). The type of hemp oil I am thinking of has the perfect match of Omega 3s to 6s that matches the ratio needed by the human body. The issue isn't needing more Fish Oil to get more Omega 3s. The issue is getting the right balance of Omega 3s to 6s. The modern american diet and grain-fed meats give us way too many 6's to 3s. So just blasting yourself 3s in Fish oil doesn't really solve the problem. You need to increase 3s and aggressively decrease 6s. There's some big posts on all this in the archives. Also, there's thought to be a difference between bad 6's from junk food and good 6s from nuts, etc.

So in summary, learn how to drastically decrease your bad Omega 6s, increase your Omega 3s & co factors through foods, increase your Vita A through foods such as orange veggies, work carefully with oils which are very healing for nerves but don't overdo it.
v5118lKftfk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (01-14-2016), pinkynose (01-14-2016)