View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 02:44 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Bryanna,
Thanks for your advice and apologies for being late on posting this.
My appointment needed to be postponed multiple times due to the holiday season.
I had been to my dentist last week for regular checkup as well as full dental checkup.
Regular checkup turned up fine with the bone graft holding up well but it was the full dental checkup which had some bad revealations in store.
Overall there were following issues:
1. Some of my gum area has receded in lower jaw indicating Periodontal issues. Dentist has suggested Periodontal scaling and root planing(scheduled next Thursday). She also recommended laser bacterial decontamination after that. I am not sure if the laser part is helpful. Will you be able to advise?

2. I have 3 wisdom teeth which the dentist has asked to remove. Due to the cases I hear about sinus or eyesight issues after teeth removal, I am trying to avoid it. One of the wisdom tooth has some calcium deposit and other issues. So probably that will need to go.

3. I mentioned in the last post about the sensitivity. As you suggested, it was due to the neighboring teeth roots getting exposed. But the dentist also found some big cavities there and she is suggesting onlay's on the affected tooth(3 surface onlay with resin based restoration). As it is costly(around 800 bucks) and my insurance is not so keen on compensating it, I may decide to go for crown.

Thanks
Pravs
Pravs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote