View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 07:48 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi Mark,

I play pick-up hockey in a rink (I always wear full gear). However, this accident happened when I was simply standing still on the ice.

I had all my weight on one leg/heel (bad idea) when I was explaining to my nephew how to stop. I upended myself, landed on my back, and my head whipped back and hit the ice with tremendous force (I was wearing a helmet).

The issues I am having vary from difficulty tolerated more than one thing at once, headaches from too much computer use, driving, loud noises (including just the sound of my own voice talking), lights (over time), among others.

Recently I had an awful setback after getting caught up in a long mountain bike ride. The physical stress made things worse than they were when it all started last March. It's been a very difficult eight weeks now. I was making good progress but was never warned that such a setback through exercise could happen.

I tried Beth Israel but the answering machine did a loop with a person calling back and then me having to get the same number again.

I'm actually looking for recommendations for a specific doctor if you know anyone. It just seems to be a crap shoot out there.

Sorry for the long answer. It's taxing or me to type like this and there's no doubt I'll pay for it later. I need to budget my time to prevent the headaches at night that prevent me from falling asleep.
CenterIce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote