View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 08:20 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Fatty liver confirmed with GP

Very fatty apparently, but not to late to reverse it. DB reduced to tears today, maybe the 2nd time in 25 years of marriage? So hard to watch and hear. The cravings he says are hideous, he was day by day, now down to minute by minute and admitted he can spend 8 hours on the couch battling every minute with suicidal thoughts and is frightened to leave the house (fear of the pub draw). Trying a new drug (for him) Campral (Acamprosate) fingers crossed it helps combat the cravings. Very active round the house today, got lots done off his list that has been bugging him for months. Made an emergency appt with his psychologist, she will call tomorrow and confirm either Tues or Weds next week and trying to get into his psychiatrist. His group meetings don't reconvene until next week (not this as I thought), I believe the not seeing anyone over the Xmas and new year period, stopping the Antabuse, festive season with ingrained behaviours and being told it's not cancer all came together and he lapsed.
DB recounted his sober days back to the GP and to my surprise he has maintained sobriety since New Years Day, but been sorely tempted and would have succumbed had I not accompanied him to the gym on three separate occasions. Admitted he is taking his frustration out on me and that's what bought him to tears. GP was fabulous, very caring and compassionate, didn't give him the bums rush and made him feel some pride in how far he has come since he first vocally admitted his dependency back in 2011. Was hoping to get the script filled today but the pharmacy have had to order it in so will start tomorrow. 2 tabs 3 times a day with food. Won't go back on antidepressants, GP wants him to, will see what the psych says. So we start the count again in earnest at his request, day 15.
eva5667faliure (03-19-2016), RSD ME (06-22-2016)