View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 10:48 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this and welcome to NeuroTalk. Yes, weird, spotty, global, sharp, and throbbing headaches are experienced by some following a concussion. For me, I had exactly the headaches you've described... all over the head and were unlike anything I had experienced prior to my concussion.

You will likely find that they're exacerbated by activity and stress. Try to keep this to a minimum. You're brain is trying to heal itself so doing the above will help it along. Also, during this phase it is very important that you don't take any further knocks to the head. Up until what is estimated to be around the 6 week post-accident there is a risk of what's called second impact syndrome that a smallish percentage of the population is at risk for. For these individuals, another knock can have significant consequences.

If you have any other questions, you'll find the community is quick to try and help out.

Best of luck with your recovery. Most people heal spontaneously within the first 1-2 months : )
MicroMan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote