Thread: Lyrica??
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 12:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealist View Post
I took neurontin for about a year and a half, and then switched to lyrica. There were some differences, but most were bad. End the end I elected to quit taking both of them. For me, the side-effects were far more noticeable than the benefits were. Good luck!

Idealist
My son has bulged discs in both his neck & back.He gets injections in his back every 4 months or so.He has nerve pain mostly in the back of his neck and it goes up the side of his face making it numb and immovable at times.Sometimes it affects his arm.Tramadol made him have a seizure,neurontin made him foggy and sleepy.And Topamax is out of the question because he's 25-30 lbs.UNDERweight.He was hoping to talk to his Pain Management Dr. on Monday to try him on Lyrica.He is a student taking Surgical Tech and drives himself to class.A friend told him that Lyrica has helped his nerve pain and he should try it.I've been viewing the side effects and he can't afford any of them except the weight gain,30 lbs. would be welcomed!!!.He'll be 20yrs. old this month.Do you think he's a candidate for Lyrica?He needs all of his faculties-being tired won't cut it for classes.

Last edited by justmom; 07-02-2007 at 12:34 AM. Reason: additional thought
justmom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote