View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 05:21 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Yeah, I don't plan on any more sparring... too dangerous. I've recently been having private sessions a different club with an ex-professional, I told him the score before I turned up to my first session, so no punches to the head!

One of my ex-friends, who is also an Assistant Psychologist was trying to convince me to go back to sparring, as she and everyone else (doctors etc) where/are 100% convinced my PCS symptoms were purely depression (ie depression only - not anxiety/depression as a result of head trauma) triggered by the pyschological shock of a nasty sparring spession.

From her over-opinionated mindset it was a way, or more like THE way of me accepting I had become depressed, moving on and healing WTF !! Good job I didn't trust that piece of bad advice coming from her as a friend or a supposedly educated mental health professional (I no longer have anything to do with her for 'other' reasons).

I'm just a bit concerned about banging my head into the wall in the dark and possible repercussions, but I'm nowhere near anything like as bad as I was originally, so I have to hang on to that and hope this mishap fades into obscurity over the next few weeks... in the same way I hope my presence on this wonderful site does, I obviously mean that in the best way possible!
Ady_P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote