View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 10:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

HeatherKelly,

An understudy? You mean a dental student? Did you have the extraction done in a dental school?

Unfortunately, there is nothing you can really do at home to make this better. You need to be seen by an oral surgeon.... perhaps someone in private practice would really be best.

There are several different classifications of sinus openings which determine the treatment needed to close them. It is beyond anything that you can do personally. Also, you can overdo it with the antihistamines... so do not be of the mindset that more is better. The lowest effective dosage is best.

By any chance do you smoke?

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherKelly View Post
It was extracted because I had an accident on new years eve and it cracked. An oral surgeon took it out packed the hole and sutured it. It was an understudy that I seen a few days ago and said I needed to be reseen asap.
I'm still in agony, it's my entire top jaw that hurts now though. I still rinse with salt water every few hours but the water goes straight in my sinus and out my nose. It's becoming more of a dark greenish color and the smell is horrific. But after I rinse to the point where it's coming out clear I have awful pressure (I know because water is still in my sinus) but I really don't know what to do. I am seeing the oral surgeon again but not until 1/19. I just need to figure out how to survive until then. But am open to any suggestions because I've never felt pain like this.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote