View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 12:54 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This may be coming from the knee area. I have commonly pains like you describe on the instep of the foot. These nerves come down from the knee in my case, and I put Aspercreme Lidocaine from both sides of the knee and just below the knee, and that tends to stop them.

I'd also check your shoes. Tight lacing will compress the nerves there and irritate them. So will tight socks around the ankles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingirl6179 View Post
I have idiopathic SFN diagnosed last summer, but my foot symptoms actually started 2 years ago with that kind of stabbing, electric pain on the top of my right foot. I still get it sometimes and has occurred in my other foot as well. It hits like a lightning strike and is difficult to cope with! My doctor prescribed a topical lidocaine gel to apply and I find it helps a lot in times where it's a targeted pain in a specific place. Unfortunately its the only time the gel helps cuz most of my pain is spread over many, many places.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
LMPinkereton (01-16-2016)