View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Webinfusion,

Okay, thank you for sharing a bit more about your health. Yes, you have to be especially careful about having chronic infection as your immune system is already dealing with so much.

May I ask.... did your oncologist or your medical physician ever ask you about your dental health or specifically if you have root canaled teeth or periodontal disease?

I agree about offering to make payments due to the high cost of dentistry and the financial stress it can cause. Most dentists will consider taking on patients who commit to a set monthly payment amount. Frequently those cases that are costly require a substantial amount of $$ down first. The reason for this is.... #1 there will be costs incurred to render that treatment to the patient and the dentist does not want to have to put those out of their own pocket as there is no guarantee that the patient will follow through with the treatment and ...#2 it is not uncommon for additional work to be needed if something unexpected happens which would change the original financial arrangement.... #3 good or bad may happen in that patients life good (a vacation or other expensive expenditure) or bad (loss of a job or other) that would prevent them from making payments on their dental work. I am speaking about this from professional experience as a financial manager in the dental office setting.

Many offices also offer something called Care Credit which is an interest free line of credit through a credit agency for treatment over $200. There is no set up fee or monthly interest to the patient as long as they pay their minimum required amount each month to the agency. The dentist bills the agency for the dental work and he is charged to use the service. So that's another option people can look into.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by webinfusoin View Post
Thank you Bryanna. I really thought it was just an annoyance that would resolve on its own. Apparently not! Considering I also have cancer, I better get this taken care of asap.

HealtherKelly, my heart goes out to you. I've been in situations where not having the right insurance or money to cover an expense made me hesitate to get help. Then I found out that Drs and hospitals will take payments, and they will except LOW payments, too. They make a lot of noise about wanting the payment 'now', just to apply pressure in case there really is $ available to the person now, but they will take payments. Whatever you can afford, just make it known that is ALL you can afford and then make on time payments. Take the best care of your mouth that you possibly can. It's worth every penny!

That said, you might consider going to an emergency room today, based upon what Bryanna has stated about the seriousness of your condition.

***I have been in the dental profession for 4 decades. I am an educator and Certified Dental Assistant extensively experienced in chair side assisting and dental radiography. The information that I provide here is my opinion based on my education and professional experience. It is not meant to be taken as medical advice.***
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote