View Single Post
Old 01-16-2016, 04:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Can you describe what you went through trying to quit?

I titrated up to 2.5 pills (25/100) 3 times a day and back down to 2-3 tabs per day total of Sinemet. It was not a fun experience. I reduced the Sinemet and introduced cannabis for 90% of the symptoms I was dealing with. Today, I dose with a one to one ratio of TCH/CBD (micro doses) as needed (4-5 times per day). It works wonders! One to one is an seemingly an important ratio for neurological issues. I tried reducing the Sinemet completely but started to feel a big sense of gloom and doom with Parkinson's monsters rearing their symptomatic heads. Unlike you, I do have PD, but like you I feel that the powerful effects of Sinemet may do harm long term. With the "honeymoon" phase, I'm just trying to take as little as I need to get by.

I would like to see if detoxing, changes of diet, exercise, etc, add to the level of natural dopamine but since I am taking it in synthetic form, I don't know if it is possible. To do it all over, if I were to get diagnosed I would stay away from anything synthetic and concentrate on naturally getting the body and mind to mend from whatever toxin I had exposed it too through diet (healthy gut microbes), exercise and cannabinoid treatment.

Cannabis is not for everyone but the side effects are pleasant if not anything else. It's a new field. Talk to your colleagues and my guess would be they would frown but there are some doing legitimate research. Anecdotal reports are numerous and favorable. From one PD patient here, it helps more than anything so far.

Keep us posted. I would love to see you get off of it and close a chapter in your life that others are stuck in. I would like to hear from DoGma as well to see how he is fairing.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Chemar; 01-17-2016 at 08:02 AM. Reason: removing reference to new member who requested post removal
OlliePop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote