View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 10:25 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Last night I attended a special concert that I had been looking forward to for weeks. Going in, I knew that being there would cause a regression in my PCS, that I would probably suffer waves of nausea & dizziness and an explosive headache even using my ear plugs and sitting in the back of the small auditorium. I truly enjoyed every minute of the concert from listening to the special voices, joining in with everyone singing along and just being out of my house for an evening.

Even though I live with my husband and son, loneliness is as big an issue for me as headaches, sound sensitivity etc. For one night, friends were happy to see me and I, even more happy to see others. My head hurt plenty while sitting in the concert, but there was no way that I was going to allow PCS to ruin my evening out!

By the time I got home, I could hardly hold my head up and literally fell in bed, afraid that the severity of the symptoms might actually make me vomit for the first time. Thankfully, I guess I fell asleep and am still feeling very crappy this morning.

Just sent my husband off to see a movie as he knows I won't be doing much for the next few days. But, at least I enjoyed 2 hours of beautiful music and friends and hope that one day soon, I can enjoy even more!

Learning how far you can push yourself with PCS without experiencing symptoms is a true art (and one I wish I never needed to cultivate!). Hopefully, it will make those of us suffering from it better human beings as we feel so much for others dealing with PCS and other issues and continue to offer encouragement and words of healing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMSotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote