View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 12:46 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

No, to my surprise, he didn't do that simple test. I agree and I don't doubt that there's some inflammation, but what can they do about it other than note the fact? I'm much more concerned with healing than with diagnoses, but perhaps there's something being missed that's dangerous or what have you, so I will follow this up indeed. There's a neuro-opthalmology clinic here staffed with neurologists concerned with such issues, so I'll ask for a referral. The problem is that ophthalmologists here don't give a **** about anything other than detached retinas and cataracts, where they make their money. They are the highest paid here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Did he do a Schirmer's test for dryness? It is actually quite normal for excessive tearing to occur with dryness. The feeling of foreign objects/grit in your eyes is tell-tale dryness and/or inflammation. A Schirmer's test is a little strip placed in the eye to determine tear production.

If you continue to have odd sensations with your eyes, i would suggest seeing an ophthalmologist vs optometrist. There are numerous tests to look for inflammation, etc. that an optometrist might not catch.
DavidHC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Cliffman (01-17-2016)