View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

The most important thing you can do is be disciplined with taking breaks when your brain needs them before overstimulating. This may take some time to learn to do, but the earlier that you learn to do this, the faster you will recover. Understand that setbacks and overstimulation will happen and are part of the process. "Pushing through" symptoms simply will make things worse.

In order of importance to me the treatments that helped the most were: NUCCA chiro--very different than the traditional "twist and pop" method--syntonic phototherapy, vestibular therapy, PT, vision therapy, massage, and acupuncture.

Your neck may be causing symptoms. Many people with concussions sustain neck injuries. If you did as well, chiropractor and PT may help you very much, especially with headaches.

Diet and exercise are also important. For me, exercise is much more important than diet, but I still want to recover the best that I can, so I take my diet seriously. If exercise causes symptoms instead of helping them, you may be exercising too hard, or you should wait until you can exercise. Exercise was counterproductive to me for a while. I follow the Perfect Health Diet, which you can see here: http://perfecthealthdiet.com/wp/wp-c...Food-Plate.jpg. Basically, it's an anti-inflammatory diet. It is written by two Harvard professors that had health problems that resolved when they fixed their diet.

Supplements are important too. Look at the Vitamin and Supplement Regimen sticky at the top of the page. I'm no expert in this category, but I'd suggest taking what Mark in Idaho recommends.

If there's anything else you would like to know or tell us, please do!

-Jake
JBuckl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
chrybmb (01-18-2016)