View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 03:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I looked into TRT therapy for myself at the Tinnitus and Hyperacusis Clinic in Edina, MN, but my insurance doesn't cover it and it's very expensive (I have good insurance too).

I've been gradually exposing myself to controlled amounts of music, which seems to be helping somewhat. Depending on which frequencies you're more sensitive to, you could start with something with--say--mostly low frequencies, like Bach's Cello Suites, and gradually add in music with more high frequencies.

That said, it's very important to recognize when you're overstimulated, and to remove yourself from the noisy situation if at all possible--as others have pointed out.

There is a brand-new type of technology called Here Active Listening that uses earbuds and a smartphone to basically allow you to control the EQ of external sounds. They just released a limited number of them to people who applied. Hopefully, they'll be more widely available soon.

Peace.