View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Rather than working

Rather than getting on with any work - its only 12:50AM here I thought I would do a weekly checkin - for 2 reasons - Steve looks lonely here and there has been so much dri.... lately that I thought mine wont seem so out of place then.

Lasagna is cooked (have to feed self and 20yr son) and the kitchen is somewhat normal after 3 days of no boss in the house. Wife and daughter (17) thats age not number 17 - left on a 3 week bus tour across Canada with 45 dance girls, 5 just graduated dancers and 4 adults - the grads count as adults too, only some of them are not much older than some of the current dancers. With only another 20 days to go my wife and I have not been apart for longer than 6 days in our 30+ years.

Work - I am 5 days behind schedule and they are only 3 days gone!!! Major project is a shower that I have been working on (Or more accurately NOT working) for almost a year now. Moving pipes both supply and drain, breaking concrete etc etc. but am supposed to be finished before they return.

Helping to delay the work is the task of selling the house that my 93 year old Mom just moved out of. House is lacking in maintenace and full of 50 Years accumulated stuff including that left by the kids. My mess includes a 1968 TR250 on which the garage has fallen in. Neighbours have a right to make the first offer but setting a price or picking an agent is stress I dont need. I guess I cant go to far wrong in any case. At least Mom is having a great time in her new semi assisted apartment - with her new large flat screen TV - at least one thing is done right. Quit stalling Ken!!!!

RE hope your transactions go OK and you keep your head above water. Hey where is the DUCK KB???

Had an old 1988 Dodge Caravan that I hadnt licensed for a year since we only had 2 drivers and with neither working full time it was OK. Daughter started to drive(passed first time) and didnt want to drive either a fairly new Honda Odyssey or the Caravan and we didnt want her to buy a car so I replaced the Caravan. I picked a 2005 Ford Escape as the same size as Caravan and yet AWD and with a trailer hitch and roof rack. Wellll .... it was my car for about a day - daughter loves it and wants to buy it, wife loves it and will probably replace the Odyssey next year(after dance) with something similar.
I almost never get either car ( I have to book) especially with daughter becoming an assistant manager at McDonalds, dancing, teaching one dance class etc. Odyssey is much more comfortable to drive PD wise.

Well I should go and start the dishwasher - have to handwash pots and then drive some drywall screws....

Maybe find some posts to complain about ...

take care ,,, ken
KC Tower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote