Thread: activities
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 05:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Today was not a great day as I over did it last night enjoying a concert. To keep myself busy, but not overloading, I cut up lots of veggies and made a healthy, hearty soup. The activity kept me busy for hours and now we get to enjoy it.

Keeping my hands busy helps, from cleaning out/organizing a closet to adult coloring books and knitting/crocheting. Have to be careful how long I do these things and head position as too much brings on symptoms.

This past week, I found that if I talked to someone while on the Exercycle, I could go 6 miles without symptoms and was able to increase my heart rate, too.

I have to be careful reading as when the book is really good, I easily over do it and get a headache. Sitting outside and/or trying to walk a little further every day are great activities, too.

I have found that I can tolerate certain stores (some Costcos, Marshalls) and will walk the aisles for an hour or so. It's an exercise for every part of my body as I desensitize my ears & eyes, increase my physical endurance and feel like I'm with people.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMSotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote