View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 08:50 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by en bloc View Post
Honestly, I'm not sure why they think you have AD when you DON'T have any spinal cord injury (that is most common cause of AD). You obviously have some autonomic dysfunction, but it sounds more like dysautonomia/autonomic neuropathy vs dysreflexia.

Also AD commonly has paroxysomal hypertension...which you don't have (or don't list). So another reason the AD Dx just doesn't fit.

You definitely need a neuro or cardio that specializes in autonomic dysfunction, but I think you'll find that this is autonomic neuropathy/dysautonomia and not AD (which is a good thing). That being said though, autonomic dysfunction of any kind is very frustrating to deal with and can greatly affect your life. I have dealt with it for 19 years. But there are meds that can help with certain aspects of it...but you need proper testing first.

Thank you for this. My BP seems to be high one week and then normal for three - depends on the pain in my legs versus the other symptoms taking precedence. All so very interesting - at least I am looking at it that way instead of screaming about it for now. : )
bulldawg95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote