View Single Post
Old 01-17-2016, 09:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountaingirl6179 View Post
Yes! Just not giving in to the itch does help. But sometimes I just have to scratch, these areas are "buzzing" too (weird, I know )...like maybe I'm about to hatch an alien, but that hasn't happened thankfully.

Antihistamines have zero effect, I don't believe its a dermatology issue. It is always bilateral and at the same time...both outer hips itch, both lower front legs, both eyelids, both sides of face, even both outer ears. Not all at the same time, but in pairs. I'm pretty sure it is neuropathic because of SFN and I'm emailing my neuro on Tuesday.

I agree...yours sounds neuropathic, not allergic or dry skin related. Neuropathic pruritis is a very real thing and related to SFN. It is always bilateral and usually involves mulitple areas at one time. You should tell your neuro but sadly, I doubt there is anything to relieve it. If he does give you some wonderful cure, please pass it along. I've asked so many times but always told it's a part of my neuropathy and nothing can be done to help.
en bloc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote