View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 12:25 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi33 View Post
MelodyL, you could consider getting a 18 inch name-brand laptop (a quick Google pulls out a number of options for you to consider).

The reason for this that the hard drive of a laptop (which is intended to be moved around) is generally more mechanically robust than that of a desktop (which is intended to stay in one place).
To Kiwi33

But I don't want to be charging up a laptop. I have no idea about laptops other than I have been using mine for 5 years and for the past 3 have used it as a desktop. Always plugged in and never moved.

So let's say I can get my hands on an 18 inch better laptop (with more memory, dual band wi fi, etc.), do I take out the battery and then plug it in and then I would have exactly what I have now (but a much newer model). I could do that???

If so, then I WOULD get a laptop. I thought if I got a new laptop I have to use it with the included battery, always re-charging, etc. etc.

See why I'm confused? At night, when I retire, I just put my present laptop to sleep, and the next day if I choose to use it, I just tap the keyboard and usually it wakes up (sometimes I have to re-start) but it's what I'm used to. But then I started looking into All In One (because of the screen size and wi fi etc.).

But a replacement laptop would be just fine as long as it's an 18 inch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but sometimes I sit at this at night and watch mini series on youtube and I thought I would burn out a laptop if I ran it on battery life only. This way it's so much simpler for me, I don't have to check the battery life. To me, it's a desktop

See what I mean?

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote