View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 11:16 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Okay, let me make this simple for you. I want to get another laptop. 18 inches. Can I bring it home, plug it in my outlet, LEAVE it in the outlet, go on the internet, and put it to sleep at night (even though it has a battery already in it). I know they have headphone jacks so that's all I really cared about.

So let's say I get another Dell Inspiron, only a much newer model with more ram and it will probably have a Terrabyte (you don't want to know how much my E1705 has, but it's good enough for me.

I would imagine that any newer laptop would run faster than this old bird.

And the Optimum guy (and me) figured out that my present laptop does not have Dual Band capability. My router DOES.

So any new laptop that I have will pick up that particular network (he told me what to look for), I select the 5G network, then I'm all set to go watch my movies.

The big question is can I leave it plugged it and put it to sleep at night. I would assume that would make it perpetually charged, am I correct in that assumption?

I should have made that more clear in my first question, but hey, I'm 68 years old. ROFL.

Thanks much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote