View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 02:00 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Winter View Post
I am surprised at a doctor combining 2 drugs athat are so similar to treat the condition. Usually it is Neurotin OR Lyrica combined with a SSRI, tricyclic or opiate not the two anti seizure medications together. I would personally get a second opinion on that. Lyrica and Neurontin actually share similar ingredients. Neurontin is the precursor to Lyrica. Lyrica has higher bioavailability.

They diagnosed me with POTS and they think I also have Small FIber Neuropathy as well. Yes, I am on max dose Lyrica (600 mg), 2400 mg Neurontin, 50 mg Amitriptyline, 200 mg Tegretol, 25 mg Metoprolol (for POTS), 3 mg Guanfacine (for ADHD and blood pressure), 300mg Wellbutrin XL, 1000 mg Chlorzoxazone (muscle relaxer), and 6 mg Suboxone a day. My pain management docs know about all of my meds except for my neurontin (which I get from my psychiatrist). Yeah, I know that all of these meds are enough to put down a horse, but not me. I have an incredible resistance to medications. I am in a computer science program at University, and I am still managing to stay in school somehow. I get very sleepy sometimes, but the Wellbutrin usually keeps me going (which is why I decided to get on the med in the first place). My cognition is not too bad. I mean, my word recall is far from what it was before medication therapy, but its still there. Whats really bad is my ability to spell words correctly. My ability to type fast is much worse lol.

I cannot believe that on all of these meds I am still in intense pain. I know I have much more going on than POTS and SFN. There must be. I am unable to sit. If I sit straight up in a seat, I get burning pressure from the bottom of my pain and it shoots up to the bottom of my neck and spreads throughout my body. After sitting for more than a few minutes, my entire body starts to sear with burning pain - and it stays that way, meaning it raises my baseline pain... everytime I sit!!! So I do my schoolwork from home in a reclined seat. I'm only 29 and Im ruining my brain and body with these meds but I dont care because of the intense pain I am always in. I cant have sex with my girlfriend because that raises my baseline pain too. I can barely drive because that requires sitting. This is a "sitters" world, and I don't belong anymore.
JohnnyToledo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote