View Single Post
Old 01-18-2016, 04:10 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Well what do you know, I just checked my disk defragmenter and it seems it's on automatic and does it periodically (first time was 1/1/2005) yes, that's how old this Dell Inspiron is. My last degrag was 1/16/2016) so I gather I'm good in that department.

So in my honest opinion, any new laptop that I get would have to be better than this one. I have Windows Vista. I heard bad things about Windows 8, too many bugs. Don't know anything about Windows 10 except they put back the start button. Never owned a MAC.

So I'm just comfortable using my BIG laptop and watching miniseries onyoutube.

I do have one question which no one seems to have the answer to (especially my cable provider). When I watch my tv shows via my laptop (not through Optimum) but regular CBS, NBC or any other video I get no problem. However, if I want to watch General Hospital or any of the ABC television shows, it get choppy video that does not sync up with the audio.

This does not happen on youtube or any local channels that I watch on the internet. For example, I go to google, I type in Watch Big Bang Theory, it takes me to the actual website and bingo, I can watch anything on CBS. Same with NBC.

But not ABC. The theory is that it's the ABC bandwith that is doing this. How on earth can I watch all other channels on their websites except ABC.

Any input is appreciated and thanks for all your help.

I now know that I can buy any laptop, charge up the battery full, take it out, plug it in and use it like a desktop.

Thanks so much

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote