View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 08:52 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidHC View Post
So given my allergies to vitamin D3, I'm off it now. I'm thinking of introducing magnesium, since low magnesium is suggested as one possible explanation for showing a reaction to D. There are other possibilities, but this is one (see: http://www.vitamindwiki.com/Overview...n+to+vitamin+D). I did take a bath last night with a cup of epsom salt for the first time ever. It was nice and relaxing.

I have magnesium glycinate 90 mg capsules that I had purchased a while back. I did try them for a night or two and noticed that the next morning I had very mild diarrhea. But perhaps my body needed to get used to it, or I don't know what. Anyway, I'm willing to try it again. I had purchased glycinate as I had read that it had no or almost no laxative effect. The only other ingredient is the capsule made from hypromellose.

Thoughts are welcome, but my main question is when do you all take your magnesium? I took it at night before sleep only because I had read that glycinate should be taken then as it relaxes and aids with sleep. But I'm open to suggestions.
Hi David,

I take Slow Mag64, which several other members here take. Here's what they recommend in their instructions. "is best to take magnesium supplements with a meal to reduce stomach upset and diarrhea unless otherwise directed by the product instructions or your doctor.

Take each dose with a full glass (8 ounces or 240 milliliters) of water unless your doctor directs you otherwise. Swallow extended-release capsules whole. Do not crush or chew extended-release capsules or tablets. Doing so can release all of the drug at once, increasing the risk of side effects. Also, do not split extended-release tablets unless they have a score line and your doctor or pharmacist tells you to do so. Swallow the whole or split tablet without crushing or chewing."

Hope this helps......

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DavidHC (01-19-2016)