View Single Post
Old 07-02-2007, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Everyone,

I thought I would let everyone know what has helped me.

I went to see a very good physical therapist recently. She was very good because she brought to my attention my body language that I have developed since being in pain.

She talked about deep breathing - and sort of meditating for a few minutes. I have found that this does help with pain. I do this twice-three times a day. Just closing my eyes - I have downloaded relaxation music on my ipod and just relaxing my shoulders, jaw (I was clenching my jaw because I was in so much pain), everything...

I have unconsciously altered my posture because I'm in pain. I have RSD mostly on my left arm - left side. I lean to my right when I sit - either I put weight on my right arm or I lean to the right - as to try to lean away from the pain. Just by being conscious of my body posture it has helped. It doesn't take the pain away by any means; if nothing else, it calms my nerves if for a few minutes...

I try to do this religiously. I'm working full-time still so I have an alarm on my computer to remind me to do this 2-3 times a day.

Hope this helps.
dealingwithtos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote