Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonLady View Post
JoMar what were you diagnosed with in the end? Was it RSI or are you saying it was a misdiagnosis?

Me? I have been writing and on a laptop 5 days a week for 10 years! Lots of high pressure, fast typing too.

*administrative edit per guidelines*
So I think I will now have to retype my symptoms - here goes!
  • Right foot droppage - note , not sure if this is genuine as i do have one hip higher than the other, my right hip being lower, it sometimes feels my leg is shorter! so that may actually be the realissue, plus muscle weakness.
  • fatigue
  • tongue 'tickle'/light zap or maybe its a spasm in one tiny patch. doesnt last long and doesnt hurt. like a light zap
  • exhaustion for no reason
  • depression
  • anxiety
  • seeing things in peripheral that aren't there - shadows, movement, colour
  • muscle spasms/fasculations all over - first they were painful in parts (right foot, right hand, butterfly feeling in belly muscles,)
  • Muscle fasculations all over, left and right side - no discrimination. could be any part of body - light butterfly type sensation - doesnt last long and then goes
  • strange zaps and electric sensations through body inv arious parts and on both side of body
  • vertigo! sometimes manageable other times disorienting. felt like i was on a boat
  • slight finger tremor (up and down) , very subtle but strong internal 'vibration'
  • right hand ring finger sideways waggle - these muscles are all very tight through fingers (pinky and ring) all the way up my forearm and even my shoulder - feels almost dislocated at times? got a lot of clunking going on in right side. got some clunking in shoulders on left side too - not as bad
  • terrible muscle weakness all over. tired from just lifting arms and brushing hair
  • at one point i was craving bananas like CRAZY!!!! Before i saw the dr i ate about 15-20 a week. It was an intense craving
  • Forgetful
  • Brain Fog
  • Tingling. Felt local to right side but then was on left side too
  • Pain sometimes behind right eye - then a migraine would come on.
  • Overall tightness in back and neck - sometimes jsut feels i need a chiro to crack the ***** out of everthing and put it all back in place?!
  • Couldnt recall certain words - normally as a writer my vocab is super strong.
  • waking up with an inner vibration feeling - very unnerving and stressful. felt it from within and could see it in hands. would calm down a few hours after waking
  • Early in 2015 had a weird thing happen - was working at computer and stressed, typing fast and talking same time. Suddenly my vision went strange, like wavy/blurry. It totally freaked me out - i told colleagues i had a migraine but truly i couldnt see them very well. Then in about 15 minutes it totally passed and was normal again. I had a slight headache after. I have suffered from bad migraines in the past.
  • Again about 6 months later another strange thing with vision. Was working in sunshine and on computer again - stressed (theme here?!), and wavy vision again - headache with it this time. as soon as the headache went, my vision was fine again.
  • couldnt stop sleeping! guess that was part depression but also deeply felt my body needed to 'recover'

LondonLady
I bolded things that I recognise as possible RSI/TOS, trigger point caused, possibly even posture related.. forward head/forward /hunched shoulders??

Possibly an expert chiro that also does the c1 c2 adjustment (upper cervical/atlas axis) might be of help with. www.upcspine.com
*you may have trigger points so a skilled DC that does PT type modalities or a very skilled PT should be able to address those.
A good friend can do much also if they read up about Triggerpoints and look at the info links as they go..
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread125577.html

Most MDs , neuros etc, do not really study TOS/soft tissue conditions much..
Perhaps a physiatrist or DO that is more studied in the whole body mechanics might be helpful.

*I would search out a few really knowledgeable DC & PTs and meet with, get an evaluation to see if you think they really know about it. But you have to learn a lot first so you can tell if they are knowledgeable or not.. so your time & money isn't wasted. Poor PT can make it worse.

If you haven't had any MRI /x rays to check spine that would be a step, to rule in/out any spinal causes.

My dx was a mix of chronic RSI with some myofascial symptoms..