View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 04:40 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAT52 View Post
A good question! I don't suppose they have because I've asked many times. Initially they thought it was my RA drugs and also tested my serum B12. I assumed it was part of my connective tissue diseases because I have high inflammation in my blood (ESR and CRP). But less than two weeks ago my rheumatologist said that it can't be because my joints have no inflammation and all my autoabtibodies are now negative. Personally I think he's wrong but proving this would be impossible. My rheumatologist did suggest that the neuropathy and dizziness might have an endocrine cause but my GP dismissed this as implausible and has referred me back to neurology. Difficult to know what to do next. I'm stuck I admit!
It's interesting Mat that you mention a high "CRP" number in your blood because my Neuropathy started several days after having heart stents. The pain started in my left thumb, then spread to my right hand. I was referred to my GP, he took blood and the only thing he found was a high "CRP" blood result so he sent me to a Rheumatologist and nothing showed. I wasted several valuable weeks before going to a Neurologist. I wonder if there's some kind of link with Neuropathy and high CRP readings in one's blood?

Several month's later I was given a diagnosis of SFN and since then it has spread throughout most of my body.

Also, I was recently told I have Hashimoto's and the Neuro doc said it could be a possible cause but she does not seem sure. Are they treating yours with meds? They have not given me anything.

I hope you find out more and get some needed relief soon.

All the best,

Cliffman
Cliffman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote