View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 09:23 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovefamilypets View Post
Hello everyone, the RSD has continued to spread and it is full body now. The doctor I am working with has suggested I do a 4 day fast or go on a high fat diet to put my brain and body in a ketosis state. Has anyone heard of this or tried this?

It sounds crazy to me but he said the fasting could allow my body to heal since it won't have to put energy into digesting food and will put my body in a ketosis state which is suppose to be good for the brain.

I'm skeptical, I'm extremely thin as my body doesn't seem able to absorb nutrients very well or eliminate food properly. This is counter-intuitive to me so any feedback would be appreciated! Thanks!

Trust yourself here...run from this. What sort of credentials does this person have? Starving is not good for the brain or any part of you......we are designed to digest....it is terrible stress for the body to be deprived of (nutricious) food.

PS...whenever I hear of dubious treatment I type it in with the word "quackwatch." It's a really good website as is sciencebasedmedicine.org. You can use key words "ketosis" and/or "high fat diet."

I hope you find good care!
SylvieM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote