View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 11:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That's so weird, I had just come across this the other day. It's actually in phase III testing so if it continues to show promise it could be heading to the general population sooner rather than later. They're now also testing high doses of biotin on optic neurosis to see if it leads to any improvement in common visual impairments with MS.

The study did warn however not to just run out and buy a bunch of OTC biotin supplements as it's not the same quality as the pharmaceutical pills they're working on and even popping them like skittles won't gain the same benefit. But I have to say as treatments go, I'd much rather be taking something on a wing and prayer that will make my hair grow longer and smoother, knock out cellulite, harden nails, and boost my metabolism over any of the other medications currently out there.

I'll take a size 6 with Rapunzel's hair any day over a size 16, with welts peppering my body. Even if it doesn't help with the MS anymore than the Copaxone doesn't seem to be helping.
Kitty (01-20-2016), SallyC (01-24-2016)