View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 08:56 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by z200annie View Post
Hi can anyone advise me on recovery time . Also has anyone also suffered with pain that is similar to tn facepain but in the throat ??? . I was on tegratol but my liver function tests became very high so was took of it . Annoying cause it worked on pain . Now all they will give me is baclofen . This just makes me feel drunk still getting shocking pains . I have pre op assessment for mvd in april although surgeon said he will do mvd even if mri is clear . I just want my life back.and to be able to ride my motorcycle again
I had an MVD 4.5 years ago and have been pain free since then. The surgery DID give me my life back. Headaches and temporary loss of hearing in my right ear after surgery on the right side. My MRI did not show a problem but the surgeon found "multiple" blood vessels tangled around the nerve. His words exactly. Spent 1 day in intensive care and 2 days in a regular room at the hospital. Be prepared to wake up with a catheter. They neglected to tell my that part in my pre-op consultation. lol. Headaches lasted about 2 weeks and was back to work after 4 weeks. But yea have someone with you for a while when you get home. Oh and they will shave part of your head.

The best thing I ever did was having surgery....