View Single Post
Old 01-20-2016, 04:01 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadPain View Post
Hey all ONers,

I just got the root-canalled tooth pulled and have started 10 mg of Amitriptyline at night. I had a lot more head pain while recovering from the tooth extraction, but then I had a great couple of days with lower or no head pain.

Ah, well, today I have more pain. I'm not up to the dose of Amitriptyline that is supposed to start helping with the ON, so no need to despair yet. Any stories about Amitriptyline that you think might be helpful, please share. I'm aware of possible weight gain.

I had a conversation with a friend who I am going to have to limit my time with. She kept giving me unwanted advice on what to do about my ON. I finally told her all of the doctors I've been to, procedures done, meds tried. I just got tired listening to myself, so next time I'll tell her I'm not willing to talk about my ON at the moment.

I just bought a massage unit that has heat and vibration. That seemed to help some, but then I seemed to have more pain later. Anybody else experience relief in the moment but more pain later with a massager?
Does your mouth hurt as well? As far as the amitriptyline goes, it took getting up to between 50 and 100 mg before I really saw results and it took a couple weeks to really have an effect, so hang in there.

You also might consider running by your dentist's office. Any chance you have dry socket or a complication with the tooth extraction that's causing referred pain to your head?
pinkswede17 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote