View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 01:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo*mar View Post
Maybe tell what you are eating now & how you are cooking it, then we can make suggestions from that starting point.
Here is what I eat almost every day right now. It's monotonous, but at least I'm now eating three times a day again. Keep in mind there are many supplements being taken in between.

Breakfast: Three whole eggs over easy, oatmeal (Half cup before prepared), with 3 packets of equal in oatmeal.

Lunch. Two chicken thighs, broccoli

Dinner. Some kind of meat, maybe pork loin, or steak, and then maybe some greens beans with a bit of onion. I'm not huge on eating fish as I was used to eating it with tarter sauce and eating baked fish just plain is rough to do for me.

Snack: Peanuts or Mixed nuts

Seasonings. Some sea salt, pepper, garlic powder, rosemary, thyme.

Now that avocados are in season here, I am trying to eat a bit of that as well. It's funny how nice eating it was. It shouldn't be that big of a deal, but eating a bit of avocado tonight was a big deal as it was different, and different is good. lol I read it's good for myelin sheath repair.

Not sure how many calories all of this is. Maybe 420 breakfast, 500 lunch, 500 dinner and then maybe up to 300 calories in nuts. This will hopefully keep me from losing all the weight now as I was at the grocery store the other day and had to go back to the car as I was getting faint. Granted I had just gone on a walk, but it wasn't like it was a super long walk or anything.

Some questions. If I wanted to buy a bun to make a hamburger, are there any bun suggestions? Sugar free whole wheat buns or something? Two, I would like to put something on it as not using any condiments is killing me. Would I be better off using a slice of real cheddar cheese, or a small amount of ketchup, or maybe a smear of mayo? Which one do you think would affect my PN the least, if you had to take a guess based on your own PN history. I know that your response wants to be that we are all different, but I'm still curious.

What condiments if any are some of you with PN able to put on food with out bringing on pain?

Also, I'm taking 5k pills of b12 multiple times a day on an empty stomach, as I've been told here to do. How long should I put in between? I have been waiting an hour to eat after, but how long before? If I have eaten lets say an hour before, would my stomach be empty enough to take one effectively to get the max benefit? Just wondering.

Does anyone with PN every eat a slice of Pizza? God I miss pizza! lol

Thanks for all of your responses. It's much appreciated.
DallasGuy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote