View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 03:54 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Help Ketamine Consultation Scheduled

After having one last discouraging appointment with my current PM doctor, he finally asked me to start searching for a doctor that might be able to do some sort of ketamine treatment. He told me which hospital affiliation I should start looking through, Detroit Medical Center.

Yesterday I managed to get in contact with a local pain management doctor that, after a brief phone conversation, agrees that standard pain medications are not providing me with enough relief and would like for me to come in for a consultation with him this Saturday morning. He performs outpatient infusions starting with 2 initial sessions 2 days apart to see if it will provide me with relief. If it helps, he usually continues with a another 5 sessions, (7 in total), over another 10 day period. He then does follow up appointments as needed.

I was already told that my insurance does not cover the treatment. Although I can not afford the $700 per session at this time, which he knows, he would still like to speak with me anyway. He feels that he might be able to help some way or another.

Is there anything that I should be asking when I go in, other than treating this as a standard pain management consultation to find out if he actually knows enough about CRPS?

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (01-21-2016), Littlepaw (01-22-2016)