View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 04:15 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Alaina,

I would ask how much total ketamine is given each session and at what rate. There are different protocols for sub-anesthetic dosing. Some people get quite a bit more than others given over a 3-4 hour time frame as opposed to less over 1-2 hours.

Also do they start you right out at the full dose or titrate? I started at half my dose and we worked up over three sessions. I likely would've been fine going straight to the 0.5 mg per kg that I am on now but my doc is cautious.

What is his schedule for boosters?

I would certainly shop around and see if you can find even one more clinic that does these. Mine are done at my doctor's office infusion room and the cost is only $300. That is the cash price for medication, monitoring, etc. I am there for 1.5 hours ish. You may have to cold-call. Pain clinic websites don't always list infusion services.

On insurance coverage, sometimes billing people know just the right codes to put in. It's worth double checking with the staff and maybe trying to run it through.

I would also ask what he typically sees with onset of pain relief. Results are sometimes cumulative per my doc and this is in sync with my experience. If I had decided not to go forward since they weren't earth shattering initially, I would've missed out.

I hope your appointment goes well!

Shine Your Bright Light
Littlepaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
PurpleFoot721 (01-21-2016)