View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:18 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Alaina,
I personally think that Ketamine is worth a try. The percentage of people it helps seems to be in dispute, but it does help a lot of people that nothing else has. The problem is the cost. My insurance does not cover it either and for a good trial it is several thousand dollars. Mine was $600.00 per infusion plus a $500.00 consultation fee. Ask if there are any fees in addition to the infusion fee so you are not suprised. The infusions were given over a 4 hour time period. I had no side effects and required no medication to manage side effects, but I would ask because it seems a lot of people do have them. I wanted to know if they would be prepared just in case. Like Little Paw, initially I did not think that mine worked and became quite depressed about it, but over the next month I improved slowly. I wish my doc had a better protocol for boosters and I wish I could afford more. I would ask about follow up prior to making a decision. Just some things off the top of my head. Good luck and let us know how it goes. ~mac
mama mac is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
-Spike- (01-21-2016), Littlepaw (01-21-2016), PurpleFoot721 (01-21-2016)