View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 09:19 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default SFN , still searching for an answer

[QUOTE=DavidHC;1194571]Has anyone here done one him/herself, or known of anyone who has had one done? To be precise, I'm asking about people with our kind of problems, with PN/SFN.

Of late I've been researching how to do one at home - very simple - and considering doing one if I'm not healed or much better at the latest by the summer or fall. It's important to mention that I believe my SFN is due to an infection leading to my immune system being compromised/damaged, and the hope is that it's reversible. The idea is that if I don't remove the cause, the immune issue, the infection, etc., my nerves will never be able to heal properly. And having a healthy microbiom is at the heart of all this, so goes the theory.

Hi David, I suffer with SFN , its going on to 5 years since I was dx'ed.I believe my SFN is due to an infection leading to my immune system being compromised/damaged too!!! I am hoping that my nerves will "heal" . Mine is still Idiopathic, sigh, so frustrating..so therefore if there is no "cause" then they cant treat it..How long have you been suffern with this beast..What do you take for your pain? I take 300 mgs Lyrica, doesn't work.
What is a fecal transplant??
Marie33 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote