View Single Post
Old 01-21-2016, 10:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyr2 View Post
So, I am in a sticky situation. I have had undiagnosed symptoms for 2.5 yrs which are basically coming down to first cervical dystonia and then throat dystonia. I don't have any tortion or flexing with either, just the cramps, but Im told its dystonia, what do I know. No other real P symptoms

However, it strikes me as odd that I would develop a motor symptom of MSA, for 2.5 years, yet not any of the other motor symptoms, i.e., Parkinson symptoms. I would imagine that all motor Parkinsons would have shown already. I do get some sleep onset twitching and myoclonus but I think thats normal in the general population.

Just wondering if your dystonia developed before, after or at same time as your Parkinsons. Also, anyone with urinary issues? Again, did you develop them before, after or with P?
me.
pyr2 about 40% of Parkinson's patients experience a form of dystonia. Some get it as a complication of treatment or progression of the disease. However, very often it is an early symptom, preceding some of the more classic PD symptoms. I developed dystopia in my foot about four years prior to my PD diagnosis. So, like everything else with PD there is no real "normal". Everyone has their own individual form with their own unique set of symptoms and disease progression.
Tupelo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote